The ACIP 2022 initiates and their parents attending a talk on the importance of goal-setting at Utu-GlgoH on Saturday
The Africa Character Initiation Program (ACIP) 2022 initiation workshop, kicked off on Saturday,12th March 2022 at Utu-GlogoH where the ACIP and Utu-GlogoH team met up with the initiates and their parents.
In this meeting, they received short talks on the importance of character development in the initiation process.Dr. Chirchir even gave them a brief history of the initiation process in other areas around the world. He also educated them on the health benefits of circumcision such as it being an HIV prevention mechanism.
Professor, Kamaara, one of the ACIP co-founders, then led the initiates in the importance of setting goals and reflecting on their daily actions. She guided them through journaling and handed out some journals for them to use.
Here is the schedule for the program:
- Sat, Mar 12: Arrival and registration of boys’ participants
- Sun, Mar. 13 Doctors perform Circumcision
- Mon- Frid., Mar 13- 19th: Boys’ healing process accompanied by role modeling and Doctors’ visits. Entereducation and passive indoor games
- 20th Mar. 2022: Parents Workshop and Alternative rites for girls
- Mar 21-26th 2022: Intensive Workshops
- Sun. Mar. 27: Graduation, Highlight of the day: Individual, Graduates promise to parents/guardian ,Communal sharing of a meal
- Every graduate takes home an ACIP Jewel, a Promise and a Certificate of Commitment