WHO WE ARE
The African Christian Initiation Programme (ACIP), is a community participatory programme of the Eldoret-based Gender and Development Network (Eldo-GADNet). Eldo-GADNet is an inter-denominational, inter-disciplinary and inter-ethnic initiative. It serves to i) meet the mandate of Moi University and more specifically of the founder members to translate knowledge generated in the University into practical development for communities at the local, national, continental and global levels, and ii) meet the needs of local and national community to empower young people to transit from childhood to responsible adulthood.
The organization objectives for the 2017-27 periods are:
1. To develop and update training manuals that gain uptake across the 47 counties in Kenya and 10 countries in Africa.
2. To conduct Trainer of Trainers ACIP workshops
3. To advocate for national education policy to mainstream ACIP selected modules into the national school curriculum to train adolescents on values and life skills for holistic health.
4. To conduct research on values and life skills education for adolescent health
5. To sustain old and foster new partnerships new ones with individuals and organizations who share our mission to promote values and life skills for adolescent health through alternative initiation rites and to discourage practices that are harm
To mentor adolescents of all races, sex, social class, religion, ability, political and ethnic backgrounds with confidence and self-esteem and empower them with values and life skills for holistic health and responsible leadership in society. We equip adolescents and their parents to handle emerging challenges by providing relevant content innovatively for physical, mental, social and spiritual health..
To be a global leader in mentoring adolescents with values and skills for holistic health and life.
Love of God which shows itself as love, care, and respect for us and for our fellow human beings, honesty, confidence, self-esteem, hard work respect and care for the environment.